11. How to clean limescale on my Mortex?
To remove lime stains from your Mortex, you can use white alcohol vinegar diluted with lukewarm water that you spray on the surface and leave on for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge. Consult our complete maintenance sheet on www.mortex.be.
12. Is Mortex slippery?
Everything depends on how the applicator tightened the grain. A well tightened and very smooth Mortex, if it is wet, will be more slippery than a “rough” Mortex (you can use a sponge float to bring out the grain).
13. How much does Mortex cost?
Usually, from 6 m², a professional asks between €110 and €145 per m² including VAT (i.e. €90 to €120 per m² excluding VAT) (application and products). It depends on the surface area to cover, the support type, the final destination of the application (pool, floor, shower, furniture,…) and the desired finished look. For products only, count between €30 and €50 per m² including VAT (i.e. €25 to €42 per m² excluding VAT). For surface areas smaller than 6 m², consult an applicator.
14. I have some Mortex and Bealcryl over, can I keep them for another project?
If products are kept in good storage conditions, you can reuse them for another project. This is why Beal sells neutral, untinted products.
15. What are the annual holidays of Beal?
In 2017, we will be closed on the following days:
– April: Monday 17th
– May: Monday 1st, Thursay 25th, Friday 26th and Saturday 27th
– June: Monday 5th
– July: Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd
– August: Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th
– October: Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st
– November: Wednesday 1st and Saturday 11th
– December: from Saturday 23rd to Sunday 31st
18. Can I paint on Mortex?
The physical properties of Mortex are similar to those of a stone. You must ask the supplier of your paint on which support it can be applied. In all cases, it will be advised to remove the protection if there is one.
20. Are you open during the winter holidays?
We wil be closed from the 22st of December 2018 until the 6 of January 2019.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!