How can I try to remove stubborn stains by capillary action on the MORTEX® coating?
When stubborn stains appear on a substrate and especially on the MORTEX® product, the capillary suction system can be tried.
After trying to clean with a soft brush and soapy water :
1. Moisten the stain for at least 10 minutes with lukewarm water.
2. Remove the water.
3. Moisten again.
4. Place several sheets of absorbent paper one at a time, one on top of the other, flat on the stain, overlapping by 10 cm. 10 to 20 sheets may be needed.
5. Moisten all the layers well and expel the air so that the sheets of paper are flat and in perfect contact with the surface.
6. Allow to dry naturally without intervening. Do not create a draught.
7. As the surface dries, the pores of the paper open up and the capillaries exert suction which tends to pull the dirt from the substrate and transfer it to the sheets of paper.
8. Remove the paper layers after they have dried completely.
9. Check the result.
10. Repeat if necessary.
If the stain comes from a small open cavity in the MORTEX® mineral product and the protection has not treated this cavity, the system will not be efficient as the suction can only concentrate on this small cavity and not on the entire stain.
Repeat the operation if necessary.